01 de febrer, 2007

Human Skyscrapers a Barcelona


En aquesta pàgina, en anglès, hi he trobat una apassionada definició d'una jornada castellera:
"It is a very emotional event, standing in the middle of the square and watching all these people working together to build this huge human construction! I was amazed. You cannot blink for a second when they start to build the second, third and fourth levels way above your head and the whole audience seems to hold their
breath. When the small child scrambled up the backs of her colleagues, a cold sweat broke out on my forehead!! What a chaos if they fall!!!It is a dangerous but fascinating tradition. I really like to watch it…but I mean I wouldn’t want to be in their place!!!!"

Parla de Tarragona i del seu monument als castellers i també aprofita per recordar que s'acosta la Festa Major d'hivern de Barcelona, i el proper 11 de febrer a la Plaça Sant Jaume ja s'hi veuran castells.